Gooey, crunchy, filled with chocolate goodness. These are without a doubt THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. EVER.One of my favourite family traditions that we’ve started is family night on a Sunday.
Now, we don’t manage this every week. Sometimes we spend time with family, rather than just the three of us. Sometimes daddy is working away. Sometimes life just gets in the way. But we try really hard to all sit down together as a family for dinner on a Sunday. William is usually eating between 5-6 pm and seeing as Jamie doesn’t make it home until after 7pm most nights we never get to sit and eat together during the week, it usually ends in Jamie and I sitting on the sofa at 9pm with dinner on our laps. So it always feels wonderful when we can all sit and talk round the table, sharing a meal. This is usually followed by a special treat and a family film. All snuggled together on the sofa, perhaps the best part of the week.
Tonight I’ve made a new batch of cookies to enjoy with a film, probably something with minions in because William is a little obsessed with them at the moment. And I really don’t think I should keep this cookies recipe to myself! It’s far too good and you’ll thank me for sharing, I’m sure.
I LOVE a chocolate chip cookie but I’m quite particular about them. And these ones are my favourite yet. Nigella never lets me down!
As soon as they came out of the oven I knew they were going to be good. Golden and chocolate filled. I did taste test before they’d be on the cooling rack for a minute and even though dinner was almost finished I couldn’t help myself and finished the whole thing!
To my mind a great cookie needs to be soft and chewy in the middle with a little crunch on the outside. Large and filled with chocolate chips that melt when you bite into them.
They are heavenly.
You must try these. They are so easy to make and by far the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve eaten.
- 150 grams soft unsalted butter
- 125 grams soft light brown sugar
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (fridge-cold)
- 1 egg yolk (fridge-cold)
- 300 grams flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 x 326 grams packet milk chocolate morsels or chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and let it cool a bit. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
- Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
- Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 60ml round icecream scoops and drop onto the baking sheet, plopping the cookies down about 8cm/3 inches apart. You will need to make these in 2 batches, keeping the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge between batches.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes (16 mins was the magic number for mine!) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
- Try not to eat them all before sharing one or two!
You can find the complete recipe here!